Photo by Miguel Rivera

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Red Truck, California

This is one of the few wines that I can remember from a couple of weeks back, mostly because of the simple name and fairly simple flavor (not necessarily a bad thing). We opened this up after polishing off a pricier and drier bottle with dinner, so I'll put in the caveat that my taste buds may have been a bit dulled by this point. This wine was medium-sweet and very jammy. In my opinion, it would be best to drink either after dinner, or slightly chilled on a hot summer afternoon, maybe with some simple bread, cheese, and fruit. This was a shot in the dark for us (one of those random $8 liquor store grabs), and we got lucky by opening it at the right time. I don't think we'd have been too pleased to drink this with our steak, but as a slightly dessert-y after dinner drink, it hit the spot.

1 comment:

  1. This wine was too jammy for me. I wouldn't buy it again.

    ReplyDelete